Monday, September 23, 2013

up and down and up again....


there was no rock climbing for the last 3weeks... but i still had a great time...

back home after surfing i had some good trainings sessions at the gaswerk and as soon as the weather turned better i headed out to for some fun days in magic wood at the second half of august. lots of people, but funny people...  first day was especially funny: at the start of the day i was not able to climb 7A.... at the end i did laps on a 7C.... nice progression for a day... ;)

cruising in magic wood - just the best :)

after two visits at sustenpass at the end of august i was super happy as my meniscus felt WAY better (still not ok... but way better) and i already was climbing through all the hard parts of the "highlander"-project from just two moves in... at my first day back on it...  with my meniscus allowing me to climb easier beta again... so i had all september and october  in front of me...

...but when checking out a SICK new project at sustenpass i managed to just slice all the skin off my tip...

was deeper then it looks here...

so off i was training indoors again...
so i had to rest and let my finger heal and then started to train again indoors...  i "lost" 3weeks of september at sustenpass...  - but i rented out a bike and had a great time crosscoutntry-biking in our backyard with my girlfriend... we even found boulders on one tour... - thanx to angie for the tour and the pics :)

what a nice backyard - and some big boulders waiting in the trees to the right ;)

and as it was so much fun and the bike just the killer (scott carbframe, 150mm/fox34/talas, remote for fork and rear shock, hyrdaulic remote seatpost, sram-xx1-crankset/derailleur). the "problem" then was: when you once have had the pleasure to ride such a bike, you don't want to miss one feature of it... so i consequently had to get THIS bike - took me some effort to find one with a reasonable price, but i found one... all mine now... :)


finally my tip has healed enough and weather forecast looks great for the next week... so i can't wait to go back up there to sustenpass... ;) we don't talk about my last weeks visit to the dentist which resulted in me walking home with two teeth less... let this heel quickly... i NEED to go back to rock.... before winter hits up there at the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment